Mon, 24 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Risk Taking Leads to Slight Gains for EUR
Speculations that the Spanish government will soon request a bailout package from the ECB generated some risk taking on Friday, which resulted in minor gains for the euro. That being said, analysts were quick to warn that the common currency was unlikely to see significant bullish movement until a formal request from Spain is made. The EUR/USD was able to advance more than 70 pips during early morning trading, eventually reaching as high as 1.3047, before a downward correction virtually erased its earlier gains. The pair finished out the week at 1.2985. After gaining more than 60 pips to trade as high as 102.09, the EUR/JPY proceeded to drop and eventually closed out the week at 101.44. This week, the main pieces of euro-zone news are likely to be a speech from ECB President Draghi on Tuesday, and an Italian bond auction on Thursday. If the news events signal economic growth in the euro-zone, either through upbeat comments from Draghi or a decrease in Italian borrowing costs, the euro could see gains as a result.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?
- DAX 30 : les perspectives fractales de lindice leader en Europe
- L’or pourrait augmenter alors que la Fed limite les paris en faveur d’une réduction du QE3