Fri, 21 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Disappointing French News Turns EUR Bearish
The euro fell against most of its main currency rivals yesterday, after several worse than expected French economic indicators led to risk aversion in the marketplace. In addition, a disappointing Chinese manufacturing figure led to fears regarding the pace of the global economic recovery. Against the US dollar, the euro slipped more than 80 pips during European trading to reach as low as 1.2917, a one-week low. Meanwhile, the EUR/JPY dropped some 78 pips to trade as low as 100.92, its lowest level since last Friday. As markets get ready to close for the week, traders will want to pay attention to announcements out of Spain regarding its debt issues and whether the Spanish government will seek a bailout package. Despite the fact that a bond auction yesterday signaled increased demand for Spanish debt, most investors remain convinced that a bailout request is likely to happen in the near future. Any signs that the situation in Spain is worse than previously thought could result in the euro extending yesterday's losses.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 24 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Durable Goods Orders
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- INDICES EUROPEENS : Un scénario correctif à court terme
- Eur/usd: LEuro Se Stabilise Après Le Rebond DHier, Soutenu Par Les 1.29 Mais Bloqué Par Les 1.2950
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?