Wed, 19 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Gold Stages Downward Correction
The price of gold fell over the course of the day yesterday, as investors became concerned that the precious metal was overbought after hitting a near seven-month high last week. Gold spent most of the day trading around the $1755 an ounce level, well below the $1777 level it hit after the Fed announced a new round of quantitative easing in the US on Thursday. Today, gold traders will want to carefully monitor news out of the US and its impact on risk appetite among investors. Any better than expected news could help the US dollar extend its recent upward movement, which may result in the price of gold falling further. Typically, a strong US dollar causes foreign investors to shift their money away from gold, as it becomes more expensive for them.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?
- DAX 30 : les perspectives fractales de lindice leader en Europe
- L’or pourrait augmenter alors que la Fed limite les paris en faveur d’une réduction du QE3