Mon, 10 Sep 2012 00:00:00 +0200
All Eyes on Thursday's FOMC Statement
The US dollar tumbled against virtually all of its main currency rivals on Friday, after a disappointing jobs report indicated a further slowing down in the US economic recovery. The USD/JPY fell close to 100 pips after the news was announced, eventually reaching the 78.01 level. The pair was able to stage a minor upward correction to reach 78.21 before markets closed for the weekend. Against the Swiss franc, the greenback dropped more than 140 pips during afternoon trading, eventually closing out the day at 0.9445. This week, the dollar see further losses if the Fed decides to initiate a new round of quantitative easing to boost the US economic recovery when they meet on Thursday. In addition, traders will want to pay attention to several potentially significant US indicators set to be released over the coming days. Tuesday's trade balance report, followed by the PPI figure on Thursday and retail sales data on Friday, could all result in the greenback extending its recent losses if they come in below their expected levels.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 24 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Durable Goods Orders
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- INDICES EUROPEENS : Un scénario correctif à court terme
- Eur/usd: LEuro Se Stabilise Après Le Rebond DHier, Soutenu Par Les 1.29 Mais Bloqué Par Les 1.2950
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?