Wed, 22 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Dollar Falls as Risk Taking Returns to the Marketplace
The US dollar took losses throughout the European session yesterday, as speculations that the ECB will soon take definitive steps to combat the euro-zone debt crisis led to risk taking in the marketplace. Against the Swiss franc, the dollar fell close to 100 pips to reach as low as 0.9627 during afternoon trading. The GBP/USD was able to reach a two-month high at 1.5777 during mid-day trading, despite a worse than expected UK Public Sector Net Borrowing Figure. A very slight downward correction later in the day brought the pair down to the 1.5770 level. Today, the dollar will have several opportunities to recoup some of its recent losses, as a batch of potentially significant US news is set to be released. The Existing Home Sales figure, scheduled for 14:00 GMT, is expected to show improvements in the US real-estate sector. If today's news comes in above the expected 4.52M, the dollar could see gains against the yen during mid-day trading. At 18:00, the latest FOMC Meeting Minutes will be released. While some analysts are forecasting the meeting minutes to hint at a new round of quantitative easing, others are more skeptical given recent positive US news. If the Fed refrains from mentioning any new plans to stimulate the US economy, the dollar could see gains during evening trading.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Indices actions : Quelle capacité de progression dans limmédiat ?
- Eur/usd : La Pression Est Haussière, Ben Bernanke Est Attendu Cette A-M
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?
- Le pétrole brut et l’or chercheront des indications de direction dans les discours de présidents de la Fed
- Cuivre : un baromètre qui vire au vert