Mon, 20 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Investors Eagerly Await ECB Action to Boost EU Recovery
The euro had a mixed trading session on Friday, as positive US news led to losses against the greenback, while risk taking in the marketplace resulted in the EUR/JPY hitting a six-week high. The EUR/USD fell close to 90 pips during European trading, eventually hitting 1.2288, before staging an upward correction to close out the week at 1.2330. Against the JPY, the common-currency advanced close to 50 pips during early morning trading to reach 98.38, its highest level since early July. Downward movement later in the day resulted in the pair finishing out the day at 98.09. This week, in addition to any announcements from EU leaders regarding the current state of the euro-zone, traders will want to note the results of several indicators out of the region. Thursday in particular is likely to be a volatile day, as manufacturing and services data is set to be released out of Germany, France and the EU as a whole. Should any of the data come in higher than forecasted, the euro may be able to recover some of its recent losses against the US dollar.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- DAX 30 : les perspectives fractales de lindice leader en Europe
- L’or pourrait augmenter alors que la Fed limite les paris en faveur d’une réduction du QE3
- Indices actions : Quelle capacité de progression dans limmédiat ?
- Eur/usd : La Pression Est Haussière, Ben Bernanke Est Attendu Cette A-M
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?