Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Euro Recovers amid Increase in Risk Taking
After tumbling against the British pound and US dollar in morning trading yesterday, the euro was able to stage a recovery later in the day after positive US news led to risk taking among investors. The EUR/GBP fell more than 30 pips following a better than expected UK retail sales report. After trading as low as 0.7811, the common currency was able to bounce back, eventually reaching as high as 0.7842 during the afternoon session. Against the greenback, the euro was able to advance more than 75 pips over the course of the European session to reach as high as 1.2339. Today, in addition to US consumer sentiment data which could have a significant impact on risk appetite, euro traders will also want to pay attention to any announcements from euro-zone officials regarding the region's debt crisis and any plans to lower borrowing costs in Spain and Italy. Positive developments with plans to revive the euro-zone economic recovery could lead to broad gains for riskier currencies, including the euro, before markets close for the weekend.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Forex Trade 13 May, Advance Retail Sales
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?
- Le pétrole brut et l’or chercheront des indications de direction dans les discours de présidents de la Fed
- Cuivre : un baromètre qui vire au vert
- CAC 40 : Linertie haussière se poursuit
- Eur/usd : LEuro Est Venu Tester Les 1,29 Hier Soir Et Cette Nuit, Mais Le Seuil Fait Pour LInstant Obstacle À Une Poursuite Du Rebond