Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
US Retail Sales Give USD a Boost vs. JPY
The USD/JPY shot up to its highest level in almost a month yesterday, after positive US retail sales data signaled to investors that the American economic recovery is progressing quicker than originally thought. The pair was up more than 50 pips during European trading to reach as high as 78.92. A slight downward correction later in the day brought the dollar down to the 78.80 level. Against the Swiss franc, the greenback also saw gains of around 50 pips before peaking at 0.9743. By the afternoon session, the USD/CHF was trading around the 0.9730 level. Turning to today, dollar traders will want to pay attention to a batch of US news scheduled to be released during mid-day trading. The Core CPI and Empire State Manufacturing Index, both set to be released at 12:30 GMT, have the potential to lead to additional gains for the greenback if they come in above their forecasted levels. Additionally, the TIC Long-Term Purchases at 13:00 GMT may signal additional growth in the US economy if it comes in above the expected 47.5B.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?
- DAX 30 : les perspectives fractales de lindice leader en Europe
- L’or pourrait augmenter alors que la Fed limite les paris en faveur d’une réduction du QE3