Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Positive US News Sends Oil Higher
Oil received a boost during European trading yesterday, after positive US retail sales data signaled to investors that demand in the world's largest energy consuming country could go up. Crude gained over $1 a barrel over the course of the day, and eventually peaked at $93.89. A slight downward correction brought the commodity to the $93.25 level later in the day. Today, in addition to any developments in the Middle East, oil traders will want to pay attention to the US Crude Oil Inventories figure, set to be released at 14:30 GMT. The US inventories figure has come in below the forecasted level for the last two weeks, indicating that the American economy is growing. If today's news once again signals an increase in oil consumption, crude prices could advance further during afternoon trading.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 24 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Durable Goods Orders
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- INDICES EUROPEENS : Un scénario correctif à court terme
- Eur/usd: LEuro Se Stabilise Après Le Rebond DHier, Soutenu Par Les 1.29 Mais Bloqué Par Les 1.2950
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?