Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
EUR Tumbles Due to ECB Inaction
Continued inaction on the part of the European Central Bank to lower borrowing costs in Spain and Italy weighed down on the euro throughout the day yesterday. The news, combined with positive US data also helped the dollar reverse its bearish trend during afternoon trading. As we close out the week, a lack of significant news out of the US means that risk sentiment will likely be determined by any announcements out of the euro-zone. If the ECB remains reluctant to announce any new initiatives to combat the euro-zone debt crisis, risk aversion may continue and the euro could slide further.
A bearish cross on the daily chart's Slow Stochastic indicates that this pair could see downward movement in the near future. Furthermore, the Williams Percent Range on the same chart is in overbought territory. Traders may want to open short positions.
Most long-term technical indicators show this pair range-trading, meaning that no defined trend can be determined at this time. Traders may want to take a wait and see approach, as a clearer picture is likely to present itself in the near future.
The Bollinger Bands on the daily chart are narrowing, indicating that this pair could see a price shift in the near future. Furthermore, the Williams Percent Range on the weekly chart has dropped into oversold territory, signaling that the price shift could be upward. Going long may be the smart choice for this pair.
The daily chart's Slow Stochastic has formed a bullish cross, meaning that an upward correction could form in the near future. In addition, the Williams Percent Range on the same chart is currently close to being in oversold territory. Going long may be the wise choice for this pair.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Forex Trade 13 May, Advance Retail Sales
- Forex Trade 10 May, New Yuan Loans, Net Change In Employment, Unemployment Rate
- Eur/usd : LEuro Démarre La Semaine Dans Le Calme, Après La Forte Chute De La Semaine Dernière
- Eur/usd: Les Gains DHier Ont Été Annulé Cette Nuit
- DAX : Divergence baissière à confirmer sous 8370, soyez prudents
- EURJPY : Opportunité potentielle d’achat
- Eur/usd : Journée De Nouveau Chargée Du Côté Du Calendrier Économique