Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Euro Reverses Earlier Gains
The euro took losses against several of its main currency rivals yesterday, as investor faith in the ECB's ability to combat the euro-zone debt crisis began to fall. The EUR/USD fell by close to 100 pips during European trading, eventually reaching as low as 1.2284 before staging a mild recovery and stabilizing at the 1.2300 level. Against the Japanese yen, the common currency fell by more than 90 pips to trade as low as 96.31. That being said, the euro was able to bounce back, and by the evening session was trading close to the 96.90 level. Turning to today, in addition to any announcements made by euro-zone officials regarding the region's debt crisis, euro traders will also want to pay attention to the British PPI Input figure, set to be released at 8:30 GMT. The indicator is forecasted to come in at 1.3%, significantly higher than last month's -2.2%. If true, risk taking may return to the marketplace, and the euro could receive a mild boost during mid-day trading against its safe-haven currency rivals.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 19 Jun, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed Releases Summary Of Economic Projections
- Forex Trade 18 Jun, Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Forex Trade 17 Jun, Existing Home Sales, Nahb Housing Market Index
- Forex Trade 14 Jun, Euro-Zone Consumer Price Index, U. Of Michigan Confidence
- Forex Trade 13 Jun, Unemployment Rate, Ecb Publishes Monthly Report, Advance Retail Sales
- Le pétrole brut et l’or pourraient augmenter si le FOMC baisse le risque de diminution du QE
- CAC 40 et DAX 30 sous des seuils décisifs
- Jour J avec FOMC et BERNANKE à 20h! Point graphique complet.
- Forex : Les Fondamentaux Économiques Pointent Vers Une Baisse De Eur/usd, Alors Pourquoi La Paire Reste Si Solide ?
- Il faut être long du WTI et du Gaz Naturel