Mon, 06 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Non-Farms Data Results in Dollar Losses
The safe-haven US dollar took significant losses against its main currency rivals on Friday, as a better than expected US Non-Farm Payrolls figure resulted in risk taking in the marketplace. The AUD/USD shot up close to 100 pips during the European session to peak at 1.0569. The pair eventually finished out the week at 1.0561. Against the Swiss franc, the dollar fell more than 170 pips to trade as low as 0.9694 before staging a slight recovery to close the day at 0.9703. Turning to today, traders will want to pay close attention to a speech from Fed Chairman Bernanke, set to take place at 13:00 GMT. While Friday's Non-Farm Payrolls came in above expectations, the unemployment rate in the US increased slightly from 8.2% to 8.3%. As a result, some analysts are predicting that the Fed Chairman may hint at a new round of quantitative easing today to boost the US economy. If he does, the greenback could extend its recent losses during afternoon trading.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Forex Trade 13 May, Advance Retail Sales
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?
- Le pétrole brut et l’or chercheront des indications de direction dans les discours de présidents de la Fed
- Cuivre : un baromètre qui vire au vert
- CAC 40 : Linertie haussière se poursuit
- Eur/usd : LEuro Est Venu Tester Les 1,29 Hier Soir Et Cette Nuit, Mais Le Seuil Fait Pour LInstant Obstacle À Une Poursuite Du Rebond