Thu, 02 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Investors Eagerly Await Results of ECB Meeting Today
The US dollar received a mild boost against the Japanese yen yesterday, after the US ADP Non-Farm Employment Change came in higher than analysts had forecasted. Against the euro, the dollar was relatively unchanged throughout the European session, as investors remained hesitant of opening fresh positions ahead of policy decisions out of the US and euro-zone. Today, an ECB policy meeting followed by a press conference is likely to be the highlight of the trading day. If the ECB announces any fresh initiatives to boost euro-zone growth, risk taking could return to the marketplace which may result in gains for the euro.
The weekly chart's Slow Stochastic has formed a bullish cross, signaling that this pair could see upward movement in the coming days. This theory is supported by the Williams Percent Range on the same chart, which has crossed over into oversold territory. Going long may be a wise choice.
While it appears that the MACD/OsMA on the daily chart is close to forming a bearish cross, most other long-term technical indicators place this pair in neutral territory, meaning that no defined trend can be predicted at this time. Traders may want to take a wait and see approach for this pair, as a clearer picture may present itself in the near future.
The Williams Percent Range on the weekly chart has crossed into oversold territory, indicating that this pair could see upward movement in the near future. Furthermore, the MACD/OsMA on the daily chart has formed a bullish cross. Going long may be the wise strategy for this pair.
The Bollinger Bands on the weekly chart have begun to narrow, indicating that this pair could see a price shift in the near future. Furthermore, the Slow Stochastic on the same chart has formed a bearish cross. Opening short positions may be the smart move at this time.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 13 May, Advance Retail Sales
- Forex Trade 10 May, New Yuan Loans, Net Change In Employment, Unemployment Rate
- Forex Trade 09 May, Consumer Price Index, Unemployment Rate, Employment Change, Ecb Publishes Monthly Report
- Forex Trade 08 May, Unemployment Rate
- Forex Trade 07 May, Reserve Bank Of Australia Rate Decision
- Eur/usd: Les Gains DHier Ont Été Annulé Cette Nuit
- DAX : Divergence baissière à confirmer sous 8370, soyez prudents
- EURJPY : Opportunité potentielle d’achat
- Eur/usd : Journée De Nouveau Chargée Du Côté Du Calendrier Économique
- Eur/usd : La Journée Démarre Mal Pour LEuro