Thu, 02 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
ADP Figure Leads to Mild Gains for USD/JPY
The US dollar was able to advance close to 30 pips against the Japanese yen yesterday, as a better than expected US ADP Non-Farm Employment Change figure boosted investor confidence in the US economic recovery. That being said, the greenback saw relatively little movement against its other main currency rivals throughout the European session, as investors remained cautious about opening new positions ahead of policy statements out of the US and euro-zone. Against the Canadian dollar, the USD moved up close to 20 pips before correcting itself later in the day, virtually erasing its earlier gains. Today, a batch of potentially significant euro-zone news is set to create market volatility. Traders will want to note the results of a Spanish ten-year bond auction, as well as any new initiatives from the ECB to boost euro-zone growth. In addition, the US weekly Unemployment Claims figure could result in dollar losses if it comes in above the forecasted 375K. Finally, traders will not want to forget that the all-important US Non-Farm Payrolls figure will be announced on Friday. Any signs that the US economy is still struggling to add jobs could weigh down on the greenback before markets close for the week.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Forex Trade 13 May, Advance Retail Sales
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?
- Le pétrole brut et l’or chercheront des indications de direction dans les discours de présidents de la Fed
- Cuivre : un baromètre qui vire au vert
- CAC 40 : Linertie haussière se poursuit
- Eur/usd : LEuro Est Venu Tester Les 1,29 Hier Soir Et Cette Nuit, Mais Le Seuil Fait Pour LInstant Obstacle À Une Poursuite Du Rebond