Thu, 02 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
ECB Policy Meeting Likely to Generate EUR Volatility
The euro saw a relatively light trading day yesterday, as investors were fearful that the ECB could decide to refrain from announcing new initiatives to lower Spanish and Italian borrowing costs when they meet today. Still, the common currency was able to advance more than 40 pips against the British pound during European trading to eventually peak at 0.7893. The EUR/JPY was up over 50 pips during early morning trading to trade as high as 96.43. That being said, the gains proved to be short lived, as the pair dropped down to 96.10 by the afternoon session. Today, traders will want to pay close attention to the ECB Press Conference, scheduled to take place at 12:30 GMT. Analysts are warning that if the ECB refrains from announcing any new measures to lower borrowing costs in the region, risk aversion could return to the marketplace which may result in broad losses for the euro during afternoon trading. In addition, a Spanish ten-year bond auction, scheduled to take place before the press conference, will likely shed some light on the current state of the Spanish economy. Should demand for Spanish bonds come in lower than expected, the euro may turn bearish as a result.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?
- DAX 30 : les perspectives fractales de lindice leader en Europe
- L’or pourrait augmenter alors que la Fed limite les paris en faveur d’une réduction du QE3