Wed, 01 Aug 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Investors Eagerly Awaiting ECB Meeting
The euro saw a light trading day yesterday, as investors continued to wait for Thursday's ECB policy meeting to see if any new steps to boost the euro-zone economic recovery will be unveiled. The EUR/USD moved up more than 60 pips over the course of the day, eventually reaching as high as 1.2317 before correcting itself and dropping to the 1.2290 level. Against the Japanese yen, the euro was up just over 30 pips by the afternoon session to trade as high as 96.26. Turning to today, the euro could see heavy movement against the US dollar depending on the result of the US ADP Non-Farm Employment Change figure. If the figure comes in above the forecasted 122K, confidence in the US economic recovery could go up, which may result in the EUR/USD dropping during mid-day trading. On Thursday, traders will want to remember to pay attention to the ECB Press Conference at 12:30 GMT. If any new plans to lower Spanish and Italian borrowing costs are announced, the euro could see significant gains.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Forex Trade 13 May, Advance Retail Sales
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?
- Le pétrole brut et l’or chercheront des indications de direction dans les discours de présidents de la Fed
- Cuivre : un baromètre qui vire au vert
- CAC 40 : Linertie haussière se poursuit
- Eur/usd : LEuro Est Venu Tester Les 1,29 Hier Soir Et Cette Nuit, Mais Le Seuil Fait Pour LInstant Obstacle À Une Poursuite Du Rebond