Thu, 26 Jul 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Euro Gains May be Temporary
Positive comments from an official at the European Central Bank regarding the euro-zone's ability to combat the debt crisis in the region resulted in risk taking in the marketplace, which in turn led to broad gains for the common currency. The EUR/USD was up over 100 pips over the course of the day, reaching as high as high as 1.2169 before staging a downward reversal. The pair found support at the 1.2130 level. Against the Japanese yen, the euro saw gains of around 95 pips to peak at 95.18 before correcting itself toward the end of European trading. Today, euro traders will want to continue monitoring any developments and announcements out of the euro-zone. Analysts are warning that given the current state of the Spanish economy combined with fears that the region's debt crisis is impacting Germany, any gains the euro makes are likely to be temporary at best. Furthermore, if any of today's news out of the US shows growth in the American economy, the euro could see losses against the dollar in afternoon trading.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- DAX 30 : les perspectives fractales de lindice leader en Europe
- L’or pourrait augmenter alors que la Fed limite les paris en faveur d’une réduction du QE3
- Indices actions : Quelle capacité de progression dans limmédiat ?
- Eur/usd : La Pression Est Haussière, Ben Bernanke Est Attendu Cette A-M
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?