Tue, 24 Jul 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Safe-Haven USD Gains on Riskier Currencies
The US dollar extended its upward trend against most of its main currency rivals during European trading yesterday, as investors remained fearful about the debt situation in Spain. In addition, renewed concerns about the health of Greece's economy sent investors to safe-haven assets. The EUR/USD dropped close to 80 pips to reach 1.2066, its lowest level since June of 2010. The AUD/USD fell just over 70 pips before finding support at the 1.0250 level. The USD was not as fortunate against its safe-haven rival, the JPY. The USD/JPY fell to a six-week low at 77.94 before staging a reversal and moving up to 78.20. Turning to today, dollar traders will want to pay attention to a speech from Fed Chairman Bernanke, set to take place at 12:45 GMT. Given that the US economy has slowed down in recent months, investors will be closely watching today's speech to see if the Fed Chairman will hint at a new round of quantitative easing. If he does, the dollar could reverse some of its gains from yesterday. That being said, if Bernanke remains quiet about any new steps to boost the US economic recovery, the dollar could extend its recent bullish trend.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Forex Trade 13 May, Advance Retail Sales
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?
- Le pétrole brut et l’or chercheront des indications de direction dans les discours de présidents de la Fed
- Cuivre : un baromètre qui vire au vert
- CAC 40 : Linertie haussière se poursuit
- Eur/usd : LEuro Est Venu Tester Les 1,29 Hier Soir Et Cette Nuit, Mais Le Seuil Fait Pour LInstant Obstacle À Une Poursuite Du Rebond