Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Euro Tumbles during Afternoon Trading
The euro fell against virtually all of its main currency rivals during the European session yesterday, after pessimistic comments from German Chancellor Merkel led to risk aversion in the marketplace. Turning to today, several potentially significant US economic indicators are scheduled to be released. Traders will want to note the results of the Unemployment Claims figure at 12:30 GMT, followed by the Existing Home Sales and Philly Fed Manufacturing Index at 14:00. Should any of the indicators show growth in the US economy, the euro could see additional losses against the US dollar in afternoon trading.
The Williams Percent Range on the weekly chart has fallen into oversold territory, indicating that this pair could see an upward correction in the near future. Additionally, the daily chart's MACD/OsMA appears to be forming a bullish cross. This may be a good time to open long positions.
Most long-term technical indicators place this pair in neutral territory, meaning that no defined trend can be established at this time. Traders may want to take a wait and see approach, as a clearer picture is likely to present itself in the near future.
The daily chart's Slow Stochastic has formed a bullish cross, indicating that this pair could see an upward correction in the near future. Furthermore, the Williams Percent Range on the same chart has dropped into the oversold zone. Opening long positions may be the wise choice for this pair.
The Relative Strength Index on the weekly chart is approaching overbought territory, indicating that this pair could see a downward correction in the coming days. Furthermore, the daily chart's Williams Percent Range has crossed above the -20 level. Traders may want to open short positions for this pair.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 24 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Durable Goods Orders
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- INDICES EUROPEENS : Un scénario correctif à court terme
- Eur/usd: LEuro Se Stabilise Après Le Rebond DHier, Soutenu Par Les 1.29 Mais Bloqué Par Les 1.2950
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?