Thu, 19 Jul 2012 00:00:00 +0200
EUR/AUD Hits Record Low
The euro hit a record low against the Australian dollar yesterday, following pessimistic comments from German Chancellor Angela Merkel regarding the euro-zone. The EUR/AUD fell more than 65 pips during European trading, eventually reaching as low as 1.1852. The pair was then able to stage a modest recovery before stabilizing at the 1.1865 level. Against the US dollar, the euro sank more than 80 pips to reach as low as 1.2216. The common currency was able to correct itself, and eventually leveled out at 1.2250. Today, traders will want to continue monitoring any announcements out of the euro-zone. As we saw yesterday, comments from leaders in the region can have a significant impact throughout the marketplace. Any additional pessimism among German leaders could result in heavy euro losses. In addition, the euro could see some volatility as a result of US news. Should any of the US economic indicators scheduled to be released today come in better than forecasted, the euro could take additional losses against the greenback.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- DAX 30 : les perspectives fractales de lindice leader en Europe
- L’or pourrait augmenter alors que la Fed limite les paris en faveur d’une réduction du QE3
- Indices actions : Quelle capacité de progression dans limmédiat ?
- Eur/usd : La Pression Est Haussière, Ben Bernanke Est Attendu Cette A-M
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?