Wed, 13 Jun 2012 00:00:00 +0200
US Retail Sales Data May Turn Dollar Bearish
The dollar traded steadily against the euro yesterday, largely due to the lack of significant news releases during the European trading session. The EUR/USD advanced some 30 pips over the course of the day, reaching as high as 1.2528 during the morning session. Against the JPY, the dollar received a slight boost during overnight trading following comments out of the International Monetary Fund that the yen is overvalued. The USD/JPY was up just over 40 pips for the day, reaching as high as 79.68 before staging mild downward correction to stabilize at 79.55. Turning to today, dollar traders will want to pay attention to the US Retail Sales, Core Retail Sales and PPI figures, all scheduled to be released at 12:30 GMT. Analysts are forecasting that the Retail Sales and PPI figures will come in well below last month's figures. If true, the USD could see downward movement against the yen and euro during afternoon trading. That being said, given the poor state of the euro-zone at this time, any losses the dollar takes against the euro may turn out to be temporary.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Indices actions : Quelle capacité de progression dans limmédiat ?
- Eur/usd : La Pression Est Haussière, Ben Bernanke Est Attendu Cette A-M
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?
- Le pétrole brut et l’or chercheront des indications de direction dans les discours de présidents de la Fed
- Cuivre : un baromètre qui vire au vert