Thu, 31 May 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Yen Continues to Benefit from Risk Aversion
Risk aversion due to euro-zone worries and worse than expected US data led to significant gains for the safe-haven Japanese yen yesterday. The USD/JPY fell as low as 78.86, down over 60 pips for the day, amid fears that the US economic recovery is slowing down. Against the AUD, the yen was able to benefit from poor Australian retail sales data. The AUD/JPY fell over 100 pips, reaching as low as $76.70. Turning to today, traders will want to pay attention to US news, specifically the ADP Non-Farm Payrolls figure at 12:15 GMT. Should the figure come in above the forecasted 145K, the yen could reverse some of its recent gains during the afternoon session. That being said, if the figure comes in below expectations, the JPY could extend its recent bullish trend.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 20 Jun, Swiss National Bank Rate Decision
- Forex Trade 19 Jun, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed Releases Summary Of Economic Projections
- Forex Trade 18 Jun, Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Forex Trade 17 Jun, Existing Home Sales, Nahb Housing Market Index
- Forex Trade 14 Jun, Euro-Zone Consumer Price Index, U. Of Michigan Confidence
- USDCAD : envolée vers 1.16 ??
- Eur/usd : LEuro Perd Plus De 150 Pips Face Au Dollar Suite À La Fed, Et La Devise Reste Sous Pression Au Début DUne Journée Chargée
- OR : objectif 1220$ lonce
- Le Dollar Australien (AUD) : un couteau qui tombe
- CAC 40 et DAX 30 étaient sous des seuils décisifs