Thu, 31 May 2012 00:00:00 +0200
ADP Non-Farm Figure Set to Create Dollar Volatility
The US dollar saw additional gains against riskier currencies like the euro and AUD yesterday, as investors continued to shift their funds to safe-haven assets amid concerns regarding the Spanish banking sector. The EUR/USD fell close to 80 pips during European trading, reaching as low as 1.2406 before staging a very slight upward correction. A worse than expected Australian Retail Sales figure caused the AUD/USD to fall well over 100 pips over the course of the day. After reaching as low as 0.9724, the pair was able to reverse upwards and stabilize around the 0.9740 level. Turning to today, traders will want to pay attention to a batch of US data, including the ADP Non-Farm Employment Change and Prelim GDP figures. The ADP statistic is considered an accurate predictor of Friday's all-important Non-Farm Payrolls figure, and consistently leads to market volatility. A better than expected figure could help the dollar recover some of its recent losses against the JPY. With regards to the Prelim GDP, analysts are forecasting that the figure dropped from last quarter. If true, investors may take it as a sign that the US economic recovery is weakening, which could cause the dollar to fall against its safe-haven currency rivals.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 24 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Durable Goods Orders
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- INDICES EUROPEENS : Un scénario correctif à court terme
- Eur/usd: LEuro Se Stabilise Après Le Rebond DHier, Soutenu Par Les 1.29 Mais Bloqué Par Les 1.2950
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?