Thu, 31 May 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Spanish, Italian News Send EUR to Fresh Lows
Ongoing fears regarding Spain's banking sector combined with a disappointing Italian bond auction, caused the euro to tumble against several of its main currency rivals yesterday. In addition to the 80 pip drop the common currency took against the US dollar, the EUR/JPY also fell around 125 pips during European trading. The pair dropped as low as 97.91, a four-month low. That being said, the news was not all bad for the euro, which was able to move up against the AUD, following a disappointing Australian retail sales figure. The EUR/AUD reached as high as 1.2761, up over 60 pips for the day. Turning to today, euro traders will want to monitor the results of the Irish Stability Treaty Vote. Ireland is holding a referendum on whether to accept or reject the EU Stability Treaty. Most analysts are forecasting that the referendum will pass, which if true, may give the euro a boost during mid-day trading. That being said, should Ireland vote no on the treaty, it will likely lead to additional euro-zone fears, which could result in the common-currency dropping to new lows against the USD and JPY.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- Forex Trade 13 May, Advance Retail Sales
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?
- Le pétrole brut et l’or chercheront des indications de direction dans les discours de présidents de la Fed
- Cuivre : un baromètre qui vire au vert
- CAC 40 : Linertie haussière se poursuit
- Eur/usd : LEuro Est Venu Tester Les 1,29 Hier Soir Et Cette Nuit, Mais Le Seuil Fait Pour LInstant Obstacle À Une Poursuite Du Rebond