Tue, 29 May 2012 00:00:00 +0200
EUR Resumes Bearish Trend
Following a brief upward correction during overnight trading yesterday, the euro once again turned bearish as concerns regarding Spanish debt weighed down on the common currency. The EUR/GBP, which had reached as high as 0.8035 during early morning trading, turned bearish over the course of the day and eventually dropped as low as 0.7987. Against the Canadian dollar, the euro opened the week by gaining close to 50 pips during the Asian session. The common currency was not able to hold onto its gains, and proceeded to tumble some 70 pips during European trading. Turning to today, euro traders will want to pay attention to any developments out of both Greece and Spain regarding their respective political and economic crises. Any additional negative developments are likely to weigh down on the euro and could even bring it within reach of its recent two-year low against the dollar. Later in the week, traders should monitor the results of the Italian 10-y Bound Auction. Any indications that the euro-zone debt crisis is spreading to countries like Italy may result in further losses for the euro.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 23 May, Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- NIKKEI 225 : les scénarios de la correction
- Eur/usd : La Paire Reste Sous Pression Sur Le Forex Avant Une Journée Chargée
- INDICES ACTIONS : une simple correction secondaire ?
- DAX 30 : les perspectives fractales de lindice leader en Europe
- L’or pourrait augmenter alors que la Fed limite les paris en faveur d’une réduction du QE3