Tue, 15 May 2012 00:00:00 +0200
Crude Oil Drops Below $94 a Barrel
Crude oil took additional losses in trading yesterday, as investors continue to flee riskier assets due to negative euro-zone news. Fears that the political situation in Greece will result in new elections next month was the main reason for risk aversion in the marketplace. As a result, the price of oil fell over $2 a barrel during European trading, reaching $93.61, a new low for 2012. Turning to today, analysts are warning that the price of oil could fall further unless some form of stability returns to Europe. Investors are all but certain that Greece will need to hold a new election in June, which increases the chance that the country will eventually leave the euro-zone. That being said, should the German ZEW Economic Sentiment figure come in above expectations, risk taking could return to the marketplace which could help oil recoup some of its losses.
Disclaimer: Trading Foreign Exchange carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. There is a possibility that you could sustain a loss of all of your investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with Foreign Exchange trading. ForexYard
Actualité du forex
- Forex Trade 22 May, Bank Of England Minutes, Fed's Bernanke Testifies On Economic Outlook
- Forex Trade 21 May, Rba Policy Meeting - May Minutes, Reserve Bank Of New Zealand 2-Year Inflation Expectation
- Forex Trade 20 May, Leading Index, Machine Tool Orders, Chicago Fed Nat Activity Index, Rightmove House Prices
- Forex Trade 15 May, German Gross Domestic Product, Jobless Claims Change, Euro-Zone Gross Domestic Product
- Forex Trade 14 May, German Consumer Price Index, German Zew Survey
- DAX 30 : les perspectives fractales de lindice leader en Europe
- L’or pourrait augmenter alors que la Fed limite les paris en faveur d’une réduction du QE3
- Indices actions : Quelle capacité de progression dans limmédiat ?
- Eur/usd : La Pression Est Haussière, Ben Bernanke Est Attendu Cette A-M
- ARGENT : paroxysme des ventes ?